Thursday, 27 September 2012
The beaten-up worn and torn look to this character concept would work well for the main antagonist of the level.
The antagonist that we hope to create will have access to all kinds of melee weapons that could be salvaged from the space station.
Wednesday, 26 September 2012
Wednesday, 19 September 2012
Tuesday, 18 September 2012
These are images collect to provide an idea of the view outside the docking bay view port.
- The idea is to have a view of a planet below the space station. An idea was to bathe the room in light from the planet below providing glow to the room.
- This will create an atmosphere as the player finds the body.
- These images were collected to provide reference when designing the hangar bay.
- The hangar bay would feature the protagonists ship that he arrive on the station with.
- The hangar would be low lit with light coming from the docking window view port and residual light from the outside.
- The hangar would feature emergency lighting that will provide some light and also to alert the player that something is wrong.
Video of Bulletstorm airlock scene
- In the game the airlocks would functions as environmental weapons that can be used to dispatch enemies.
- The player would trap the crazy and then send him out into space.
- This would be done through the use of a control panel or a button.
- Window viewpoints like the picture above would look quite interesting for the communication room and living quarters. We aim to create a backdrop of a planet and a nebula using eve online as a reference.
- The top left concept for a hanger is a great example on how we want the hanger bay to look like. Overhangs and spacious docking rooms could be used to hide from the enemies and pick up useful items.
- The space stations hanger bay that we hope to create will be at least big enough for 1-2 stationary space ships. Maybe the player will be able to use one of the stationary ships to hide or look for objective items.
- Lighting in this area will be reasonably lit by the rooms lights/spaceship and possibly a nearby planet. Maybe the player will be able to turn off the lights in order to hide.
Corridors and Rooms.
- We aim to create a level that's big enough for 10-15- minutes of game play. Adding alternate routes for the player to approach in order to get to the objective will provide not only a sense of scale but a chance for the player to avoid encounters. Some rooms will be accessible for the player, maybe the player will have to search the rooms for a pass key or a tool in order to progress through the level.
- Lighting in the corridors and rooms will mostly be dim with the occasional dark areas. (Dead Space / Pandorum are a great example for the use of lighting in this environment)
- We want to create the level in a way that it is atmospheric and claustrophobic, giving that horrific, back up against the wall feeling.
- The interior that we aim to create will have a distinctive futuristic look to it like the images above but with a lot more windows and console computers.
- Flashing lights and security alarm distresses will hopefully be implemented to make the level more interesting and scary, adding tension as the player navigates their way around the station.
- The top left pictures shows detail that the particular area is used constantly. Providing a sense of ware and tear in certain areas will co-inside well with the mining space station look.